Who am i? By sokombaa c. EGBEJA

                          WHO AM I?

A vision caged, mission mangled
Thoughts twisted as confusion lurks
I wander on heated soil
Fluid on my face- its sweat and blood
Thick rivulets of perspiration run down my 'agbari', chest and underarms
The rain now falls, but I can't stop my journey
It's a journey towards uncertainty, but my resolve is unbeaten
Move I must, or death ilk embrace
No!
I must proceed. No alterations! No alternatives!
Nobody sees my tears...not one! Because I'm now crying under the rain...the rain washes my tears on  and again....I weep the more!
The rain cools the heated soil, but pours ice on my head
I shiver & quiver, staggering on.

Onlookers in sheds afar, deep in thought
Family call me back...
I hear my name from a distance
Return I mustn't, discovery I must

I march on in pain, feet sunk in 'poto-poto'
I fall and rise still, like John Bunyan's pilgrim, I must progress
I hear the faint voice of Mama from behind...she calls out: "Return! Return dear son...don't break my old, faint heart...come back and suckle on my breasts"
I pause for a moment, with shaky, cold legs...thoughts flood my mind
But I refuse to look back
Her words echo in both my heart and head

I gather my last strength and shout out loud: "Mama mu, I'll return if I succeed, or not at all
Cold air fill my lungs and more tears gush from my piercing eyes
A lot I've left behind to grasp a lot there might be ahead

I proceed in dire resolve
I'm a plain sheet
But a name and fame I must make
I stagger on...
I'm work-in-progress
I'm on a journey towards self-discovery...
From my village to the world!
Go I must!

About SOKOMBAA C. EGBEJA

*Background Info:
Sokombaa C. Egbeja was born to a pure Nigerian  family in 1994.
Committed to hard work, duty & purpose, he is committed by studious.
He holds a Diploma in Law and has attended workshops, symposia, leadership trainings & educational trips in countries of West and Central Africa.
At present, he is a student of Law in the University  of Jos, Nigeria.
Having been member of various  Executive  committees & Steering council of clubs, organizations and institutions, he has garnered knowledge spanning almost a decade and has contributory write-ups in some publications (including his recent article: The Eurocentricity Of The United Nations And The Need For Restructuring).
He makes home with his parents & siblings in North-Central Nigeria (Gboko & Jos) , from where he travels for studies and trainings to other parts of Nigeria and beyond.
He loves to read biographies, study history, research on spiritual and intellectual issues, think, watch documentaries & science fiction.

*Profile In Brief:
1.Secretary General, Nigerian International Tertiary Institutions Model United Nations, 2017
2. Assistant Sec. Gen. Equity Chambers, Faculty of Law, University of Jos
3. Strategist, Altruistic Political Team, University Of Jos

*My vision for Nigeria: That she becomes a frontline Economy & Leadership hub 10 years hence.

You too have a chance of making your work stare on this platform,send a message to 08134246807 via whatsapp or ��.

Comments

Popular Posts