FiNding me.... battles of A Young man Growing 12

From the time I knew myself, life has been very confusing. However,
this is not the best time to reel those. I’ll just move on to what has kept
me going.
As a child, the condition and environment I grew in and was allowed
to ‘find’ myself were good, at least for a child from an average class
family. The hassle of working to pay my fees or farming were out of
the question. But as it’s evident in life when one battle is won, it just
means another is ahead. Which brought about a battle of ‘What life for
me is about’. Amis all the confusion, I knew within me that I wanted to
be different. No one really told me but I just wanted to do things
differently.
Okay, let me go back a little, I belong to a family of six (6) and I’m the
third child, I am not the only or first son, so obviously, in a typical
Nigerian setting ‘eyes are not on me’. My parent helped us (as children)
to grow in an environment of responsibility, that is, how to help others,
importance of academics, spirituality et cetera. So, we pretty much
were helped to grow well.
Back to my dilemma, not knowing what life for me was about, but with
the knowledge that everyone is created for a purpose, I received a
constant nudging not to follow the trend. Nigeria though a
heterogeneous nation, caving ones niche many times is not a catch for
both the old and young generation, owing to the fact that doing
something different no matter how isn’t easy and the reception one gets
is really not encouraging. One will hear things like; ‘this thing you are
doing, hmm’, or ‘why do you want to be different’. Etc. Uniqueness is
not really appreciate and most often than not, save for few places
competence doesn’t really count.
So being different, in every given situation, is termed being a ‘Jew’ and
that’s where I had my most problems I felt like doing things the right
way but was so embarrassed at comments I heard.
Looking ahead, it is evident that those who do tremendous things no
matter the place swim against the tide of popular opinion. So, I made a
resolve that no matter how unpopular and different it is and it will
surely be, I’ll be different.
Concluding my life’s story now will be putting myself to death
(theoretically), life is a journey and evidently, I have not gone far. But
I am challenged by the lives of those who did and those who are still
doing the right thing against opposition. The victories of today prepare
us for the battles of tomorrow.
Dare to be different!
This is what I am and The odds that Drives my whole entirety of Existence.

This is Battles of a young man Growing 12.

You stand a chance for your story or Experience be featured on Battles of Young man growing for free and in Quote 'No Segregation'  contact Trey 08134246807(whatsapp).

Comments

Popular Posts