The Melancholy by David Trey

The Melancholy
I breathe into my lungs
Sulfur, coal and brimstone
When my heart breaths out in anger
In chains I remain
To the temperament I was severed at birth bed
In solitude I remain confined to what they say is fate at work
I leap into doing wrong every second my mood swing
Last night I searched through proverbs and the words we soarer than salt to my wounds
Sometimes I feel chained to the witches’ creed, and so I feel tamed
But through this battles I thrive with all I have got
And the only thing constant is change
At times when I feel flawed to the bone then I just get soaked in the showers
But for certain never loose believe
I breathe hope into my lungs
Though sometimes it gets tiresome to believe in what you cannot see
But even through the darkest of nights
I know someday for certain it’s going to show up.

Comments

Popular Posts