A Journey To Nowhere by David Trey

A Journey To Nowhere
I sat glued to the back sit of the vehicle I had boarded running away from my very own self, for a minute it felt like it was soon going to pass in hours but the road was very rough. My earpiece was stocked right in my ears for almost the whole time as I was trying to relay away the pain that ate through deep my spirit.
To me life dint mean much as serious as everyone ever saw it play, I always had a short cut to almost everything but I guess even the most brilliant minds get stuck sometime, I reminisced five years back I think was the first time I ever got caught right in-between this same pharaoh and the red sea. I thought of to pray like my mum always advised us to but the words I feel were locked in a safe place right inside one of the dark streets of my heart.  My music playlist was my only trusted ally at that time as it seemed only it could try to satisfy the hollow that my heart was set in.
Two years of my life, two years of fighting, two years of dreaming, two years of steady hustling, two years of being in love, two years of whishing , all passed by memory lane in my mind, and I could literally feel each second of each action at each time. Sometimes I tell myself the greatest mistake I have ever made was the very one I won’t afford to make but sometimes mistakes become continuous and when they do then sanity begins to fail. It’s a cold world, of a truth I thought to myself those where the only words that baby could have said to I and my girlfriend if it had the chanced at telling us exactly how it feels like to get conceived and flushed out in a short while. To me it was not a thing of personal interest but sometimes the odds become very low and you don’t have all the decisions to make so you get scrambled in the game of living. I agree with the school of thought that says you can never justify your wrongs by making up beautiful supporting sentences to back up ill claim, so when I get stuck I grieve for my actions, and that’s exactly what I was doing on this bus back home far in the south.
I had to be a man so all my close friends told me, you should never get stuck living in yesterday’s actions because they is so much today has to offer, those where the words of a fellow passenger to another like they could understand what exactly was going through my mind, I took those words to my consolation for the time being. but deep down inside of me I could feel something going to never be in place. It was not just Kami’s abortion but life was generally fucked up in the north for me so I had to go on a search for greener pastures and deep in search of the self I had lost elsewhere if I could ever find it.

Comments

Popular Posts